Gluten Free // Refined Sugar Free // Dairy Free
- 1.5 cups grated zucchini (approx. 1 – 1.5 zucchinis)
- ½ Cup Rice Malt Syrup or Honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or essence
- 1/3 Cup melted coconut oil (you can use butter as a substitute!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour/Rye Flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup The Unrefined granola or nuts of your choice (I blend mine into smaller pieces)
- Dash of Almond Milk
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 banana
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a round cake tin (or use a silicon cake mould).
In a food processor, combine all wet ingredients (rice malt, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, Almond Milk and banana).
Add dry ingredients to separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.
Add grated zucchini (pat dry with a paper towel) & stir through cake batter.
Pour batter into your pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.