Frittata is one of my favourite dishes for meal prep! Rich in protein, vegetables and healthy fats, it keeps me fuller for longer throughout the day and satisfies my cravings. Leek is also my favourite addition to this dish (do not miss this ingredient!).
Paleo // RefinedSugarFree // Glutenfree
- Oven-proof deep frying pan that can be placed in oven
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Roma Tomatoes chopped into quarters
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Zucchini chopped into strips
- 5 Field Mushrooms cut into strips
- 1 Leek
- Chopped WASHED Kale
- Roast pumpkin (any type, I leave skin on and cut into cubes, put in oven for 45 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil)
- ¼ cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 knob of butter (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Rocket/Spinach (serve fresh on top of frittata)
- Balsamic vinegar (pour a small amount over spinach/rocket leaves and parmesan)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
2. Place pumpkin, zucchini and Roma tomatoes on lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Place in oven for 20 – 30 minutes on medium heat.
4. Once cooked, transfer roast vegetables to a bowl.
5. Heat olive oil & butter in non-stick frying pan. Cook red onion and leek on medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes. Add Kale and cook until wilted.
6. Distribute bowl of vegetables into pan with onions and kale.
7. Pour eggs into pan and distribute over vegetables evenly.
8. Cook over medium to low heat for 8 – 10 minutes until egg has set underneath.
9. Wrap the handle of the pan in a wet cloth and place under a grill for 5-10 minutes to set remaining egg.
10. Remove from grill and allow to cool for five minutes
11. Sprinkle rocket/spinach and a drizzle of balsamic over the top upon serving.