Lately, I’ve been going through an obsession with peanut butter. Let’s be real… when am I NOT obsessed with PB? I am a sucker for satay sauce so decided to make a slightly healthier one (minus all of the preservatives that you see in store bought sauces). This recipe is super duper simple and extremely tasty. Enjoy!
Glutenfree // Paleo
- 1.5 large zucchini (spiralised – I used a vegetable peeler because I don’t own a spiraliser – works just as well!)
- 1 carrot (spiralised or strips using a vegetable peeler)
- 1 onion
- 3 chicken thighs (sliced into thumb sized pieces)
- Olive oil or butter
- 2 tbsp Coco aminos or soy sauce (without MSG & preservatives)
- 1/2 Cup SMOOTH Peanut Butter
- 1.5 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- Dash of hot water
- 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful or peanuts for garnishing
Heat olive oil or butter in a pan and add onions. Cook until translucent.
Add sliced chicken to the pan & season with salt & pepper. Cook for 4-5 mins until chicken is cooked.
Remove from heat.
Make peanut sauce by combining half a cup of peanut butter with rice malt syrup & cocoaminos/soy sauce. Add a dash of hot water and stir until combined.
Put pan with chicken back on the heat and add zucchini & carrot noodles. Cook for 2-3 mins.
Add peanut sauce & stir to combine for 4 – 5 mins until zoodles are cooked (use tongs to toss sauce through the zoodles)
Taste & make sure it is right for you (some people like to add more peanut butter, more rice malt or more soy sauce depending on their own personal taste)
Serve with crushed peanuts & a wedge of lime!
OPTION: Add extra vegetables such as mushrooms, capsicum & greens if you are wanting to increase the veges in this dish.