Glutenfree / RefinedSugarFree
So this came about when I was at home, on my own… craving Banoffee pie. I had banana, I had dates and of course I had granola …BOOM Banoffee Logs. See below for ingredients and recipe.
Makes 4 logs (I advise you to cut these into quarters and eat ONE AT A TIME… 1 log can feed 2-3 people).
- 2-3 cups of Fresh or dry dates (I had dried dates with NO ADDED SUGAR which I soaked in hot water for 5 mins)
- 1 banana
- 4 squares of 90% dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter or Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Ground almonds or Almond Meal (I literally blend 2 cups of almonds and use as flour)
- 1/2 cup The Unrefined granola *optional (you can use whatever nuts you would like)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or essence
- You will need a food processor/blender and silicon moulds (I used a rectangular shape but you can use whatever you have!)
Blend granola, almond meal, 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup of dates until sticky consistency (if the mixture doesn’t press together add more dates).
Press into silicon mould (shape of your choice, I used rectangular moulds – ensure you fill the mould so it forms edges)
Place in freezer while you are preparing caramel
Place 1.5 cup of dates, 1 banana, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tbsp of almond butter into food processor and blend until caramel forms. Spoon caramel into rectangular moulds and place back in the freezer.
Boil a deep saucepan of water and place metal bowl over heat. Melt 90% dark chocolate and 1/3 cup of coconut oil in bowl and stir until smooth consistency.
Spoon chocolate over caramel later until choc top forms. Place in fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat! I kept mine in the fridge because I prefer a gewy consistency!