Gluten Free // Refined Sugar Free // Dairy Free
THIS IS MY NEW OBSESSION! I literally eat it every morning and am SO SOSOSO full of energy. It also DOESN’T leave me bloated (a miracle in my books).
- 1 cup Chia
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean, paste or essence
- 3 cups of water
- 4 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
For Cashew Yoghurt:
- 1 punnet of WASHED strawberries (minus strawberries if you want plain yoghurt)
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked over night)
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 Probiotic capsules (optional)(I use OrthoplexS.Bifido Biotic).
- Coconut yoghurt
1. Pour 1 can coconut cream and 2 1/2 cups of water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
2. Add 1 cup of chia, 2 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup, 1 tsp vanilla and stir slowly (you may like to use a whisk to ensure chia doesn’t stick to wooden/plastic spoon). The chia should start to form a gel like consistency quite quickly so ensure you stir regularly.
3. Once chia has absorbed all liquid, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Place in a bowl, cover and put in the fridge to set.
4. Drain cashews and place in a food processor with 3/4 of a punnet of strawberries, 2 tbsp rice malt, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of Almond Milk. Blend on high until strawberry cashew cream forms (be sure to stop every so often and scrape around the sides of the blender to ensure consistency). After cream has formed, empty two probiotic capsules into the mixture and blend for 3 seconds.
5. Place cashew cream in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
6. Layer chia, strawberry cashew cream, granola and strawberries in a jar and eat on-the-go or in the mornings!