Gluten free // Refined Sugar Free
One thing I love is TURKEY. My doctor used to always tell me to eat it for its nutritional benefits and tryptophan levels. Although it contains similar amounts to other meats, turkey does contain marginally higher amounts of the amino acid L-tryptophan, which produces sleep-promoting serotonin and melatonin. Placebo or not – these bowls definitely keep my mood elevated! I usually make this recipe for my lunches and add SunRice SuperGrain rice cups for a super quick meal! @SunRice
- 500g Turkey mince
- 1 knob of grated ginger
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Tamari/Soy Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup/sweetener of your choice
- Spices of your choice (I used some sweet Paprika & Harissa)
- Olive oil or Rice Bran Oil
- Water chestnuts
- Chopped kale
- SunRice SuperGrains SuperDuo Microwave cups (available at most supermarkets)
Add oil to a frying pan and heat Turkey mince until half cooked.
Add grated ginger & spices and stir for 1 – 2 minutes.
Add water chestnuts and stir through Coconut aminos/soy sauce & Rice Malt Syrup/sweetener of your choice.
Cook & reduce for a further 10 minutes.
Add chopped kale & stir through until wilted.
Microwave @SunRice rice cup
Serve & enjoy!