Gluten Free // Refined Sugar Free // Nutiiboost
Did you know that Rocky Road is an Aussie thing? Neither did I! It’s amazing what you take for granted growing up in this big (yet small in so many ways) country. But seriously, the rest of the world is definitely missing out; chocolate, marshmallows, nuts and your favourite goodies all in one mouthful? Maybe we should just keep this one on the down-low and not clue them in lol.
It is easy, however, to get really poor quality rocky road, especially with the additives in commercial marshmallows and chocolate. I’ve created this much healthier version based on real food ingredients – it’s free from refined sugar, additives and is 100% freakin’ delish!
Enjoy! Penny Benjamin xx (find more recipes at http://pennybenjamin.com.au/)
- approx. 1.5 Cup of melted good quality dark chocolate (70% minimum) OR the equivalent volume of your own homemade dark chocolate (using melted cacao butter/coconut oil, cacao powder and sweetener)
- 1 C homemade refined-sugar free marshmallows that have been in the freezer for 1 hour.
- 1/2 C your favourite mixed dried fruit (dried strawberries & raspberries taste amazing)
- 1/2 C Nutiiboost
- optional but also delicious: gluten-free liquorice, roughly chopped, uncrystallised bare ginger, roughly chopped.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Line a small rectangular baking tray/casserole dish/Tupperware container/whatever with baking paper so that there is some paper sticking up the sides.
- In a bowl, toss together the marshmallows, dried fruit and NUTIIBOOST.
- Transfer to the tray and evenly spread the mixture around.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the marshmallows/fruit/nuts so that it fills all the gaps.
- Shimmy the tray to make sure there are no air bubbles and everything is settled.
- Set in the fridge for 3 hours or so.
- Remove from the fridge, slice and serve.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.